There is a lot of information on the web about coconut oil because of all the health benefits. Black Birch goes the extra mile when choosing the right type of coconut oil for our products.
What do we look for when selecting our coconut oil?
Black Birch only uses virgin coconut oil which is certified organic and unrefined. Our coconut oil is handmade on Mt. Banahaw and surrounding areas from organic hand picked coconuts. Coconuts are used fresh (within 24-48 hours of harvest) from small family farms on Mt. Banahaw and other rural places in Quezon Province, the coconut capital of the Philippines. Only the highest quality coconuts are hand-picked from each harvest. The volcanic soil of Mt. Banahaw makes these organic coconuts some of the most nutritionally rich coconuts in the world! Testing done in independent laboratories on coconut oil antioxidants reveals higher levels of phenolic antioxidants than other coconut oils. No chemical or high-heat treatment is used. Never mass-produced. The coconut trees and family producers are certified organic according to strict USDA standards. The families who product the oil are also trained according to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards and re-certified each year.
Other health benefits of organic coconut oil you should check out for yourself!
- Helps in easy digestions
- Strengthens immune system
- Prevents & effectively cure candida
- Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, skin dryness and flaking
- Improves bone health
- Reduces protein loss in hair and nourishes the hair
- Rich in lauric acid that helps maintain blood, sugar and cholesterol
- Effective in healing damaged tissues and infections
- Treats pancreatitis and Alzheimer's disease
- Prevents disease affecting liver and kidney
Many Black Birch products contain organic coconut oil, check the ingredient list to see what ones do.